Student History Fair 2023
“Frontiers in Texas History: People, Places, Ideas”
Every year the Texas Heroes Foundation hosts a Student History Fair around Texas’ Independence Day in order to promote Texas Education in our community. We are proud to announce this coming year’s theme for the Student History Fair; Frontiers in Texas History: People, Places, Ideas.
Students in grade 3rd -12th in and around Hood County are invited to enter in one of five categories: Performance, Exhibit, Artwork, Research Paper or Creative Writing Paper. The students’ projects should be centered around the theme and will be judged according to the rules and criteria attached (see also the Rubrics for details on points).
There are two deadlines; the first is for the Research and Creative Writing Papers on Friday, February 3rd, the second is for Exhibits, Artwork and Performances on Sunday, February 19th from 3pm-5pm OR Monday, February 20th from 5pm-7pm. All entries must submit ONE entry form prior to the deadline. Research and Creative Writing Papers can be attached to the entry form, mailed or e-mailed. Please see the Rules attached for more details.
Every year for the past 10 years, the Texas Heroes Foundation has given out thousands of dollars in awards and scholarships during the Student History Fair Awards Ceremony. This year’s Awards Ceremony will be held on Friday, February 24th at the Acton United Methodist Church at 6:30pm starting with a reception at 5:30pm.
For more information, see the links to the Rules and Rubrics. If you have any questions, please contact Heather Flannery at 940-465-0431 or e-mail March2Texas@gmail.com.
Best of Luck!
✯ Senior Scholarship
✯ Peoples Choice
✯ 1st Place in Each Category & Level
✯ 2nd Place in Each Category & Level
✯ 3rd Place in Each Category & Level
✯ Group Award in Each Category & Level
– Click here to open & download the EXHIBIT rubric
✯ Research Paper
– Click here to open & download the RESEARCH PAPER rubric
✯ Creative Writing Paper
– Click here to open & download the CREATIVE WRITING PAPER rubric
– Click here to open & download the PERFORMANCE rubric
– Click here to open & download the ARTWORK rubric
Deadlines for Submissions:
- Friday February 3, 2023 – Research & Creative Writing Papers
- Sunday, February 19, 2003 – 3-5pm at Acton United Methodist Church – EXHIBITS, ARTWORK & PERFORMING ARTS submission -OR- Monday, February 20, 2023- 5-7pm
To view more entries go to our gallery.